One of my “happy places” is high above the James River in Hollywood Cemetery.
The views are undoubtedly one of the best kept secret in Richmond, Virginia (I say this because there are many more people wandering below at Belle Isle :))
The tombstones are majestic, inspirational, and even humorous, such as (no fabrication here) “She did the best she could.” (By the way, I have found that engraving twice!)
In this cemetery I am at peace and connected to a larger presence within myself and around me. I am mindful. I allow Spirit to gently guide me. Like the river below me, I easily connect with my creative flow and loving Source. I am open to feeling vulnerable and to unleash my authentic self. I find joy in exploring my hearts desires, even those that may seem edgy or scary at first.
I am never the same person when I leave.
On August 18, 2015, I also left with some journaling, inspired by the peace and co-spirits around me.
What I now better understand is that life isn’t so complicated after all. Life can (and should) be a simple, joyful, loving journey—built on one mindful moment at a time.
Yes. What if?
We simply approached every moment of every day mindfully—first by paying attention, setting our intention, and then allowing “it” to happen – knowing in the end, that we are grateful?
Here are five simple steps in what I now understand as “Mindful Moments”:
· “Watch.” Pay attention. Step back. Observe, with no judgment, no control, no intrusion.
· “Tune in.” Feel your emotion. How does “whatever is going on around you” make you feel? Do you feel inspired? Awesome! That inspiration comes from your inner guidance system – your Source of wisdom, goodness, and love—your Core sense of “who you really are.”
Do you feel scared, fear, resistance, or apprehension? Awesome! You now know you are out of alignment with what you—your inner Source—your true self—really wants.
· “Ask .” Set your intention based on what you feel. If you are inspired, SAY YES! And ask and allow it to come into your life. Only ask once – with conviction - knowing with utmost faith that Universal abundance, truth, wisdom, life, and love are all around you to make it happen.
· “Allow .” "The right people and experiences will appear. Just watch. If you are feeling fear, PAUSE! Do nothing! Except ask and allow Universal guidance to lead you to something different (more) for your higher good.
· “Appreciate.” Be grateful for the moment (or experience) and know that all is well. Let your heart flow with grace and gratitude for the inspiration that will push you forward to “who you really are” and your ultimate purpose for being.
Similarly, be grateful for the contrasting experiences that let you know what you don’t want. The good news is that you can’t feel grateful and experience fear and resistance at the same time!!!
Simple, right? Let’s all let our life be a simple, joyful, loving journey—built on one mindful moment at a time.