The boundaries you set equates to what you experience in life. When you create with clear intention and conscious choice, you become empowered to live a fulfilling life. If you are not living the life you want right now, here is an exercise that can help you make changes that will move you towards an improved experience. Ideally, find a quiet time to sit and reflect for a while. Here is a template to use.
Identify an area of your life
- Describe the condition of this area of your life right now.
- How did you decide to begin this experience and how has it changed since the beginning?
- How have you grown or changed since this experience started?
- What have you learned from this experience?
- If you could wave a magic wand and change this experience right now, what would it look like?
- What small step can you take right now, that will bring you in closer alignment with this change?
- Make a plan of change - create a series of steps to move to the change you want in this experience.
- Execute the plan, modifying this plan as needed depending on what occurs as you execute your plan.
Examining the boundaries you have put (or not put) in place is a crucial aspect of acknowledging the life you have created. It is important to spend time considering your personal boundaries, relationship boundaries, work life boundaries, your creative boundaries as well as your inner boundaries.
Making conscious boundary choices alters your life flow in ways that ultimately support your best interests as well as the interest of the world around you. It means you decide consciously to create a life in alignment with your inner truth and your inner passions. In my experience, everyone wins when you do this. When you bring only a weak, watered-down version of self to any experience, no one benefits. When you bring a passionate, creative, energetic self into an experience, everyone benefits.
Make a plan today to bring your energetic, passionate, creative Self into action - the world needs You!